Sunday 12 February 2012

Chocolate Tea

The name sounds enticing, I know. But, I was a little bit hesitant when my flatmate's bff brought over bags of Teapigs chocolate flake tea. I was thinking, there has to be a catch to such delicousness. I figured it probably wouldn't taste very good at all... but I was surprised. After a couple of days of staring at it in its designated bowl, I decided to brew a cup.


When I first took it out of the baggie, I thought the scent was a bit overbearing. I dipped the teabag into my hot cup of water and waited three minutes for it to brew. After taking the bag out, I added just a touch of skim milk and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. When I breathed in the mixture, it was heavenly. Much better than the initial scent of the bag. The tea has a very smooth texture and tastes incredible. It's made up of black tea, chocolate chips, cocoa beans, and natural flavoring, and it tastes exactly as thatblack tea with a hint of chocolate. Delicious, and only one calorie per cup! It doesn't give you the same satisfaction as eating a piece of chocolate, but the calories make up for it (unless you're like me and you add a cupcake to your teatime)!





I saved a cupcake from the Seasalt party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...