|Photo credit: google images|
Living in a big city can be tough on your love life. Everyone is busy all the time, and people generally get married later in life to focus on their careers. Sometimes it can feel like you're never going to find someone to love, and love you back. I felt the same way when I first arrived. But, don't think that way! Here are a few places to find love in London besides on a night out (which usually doesn't result in love) or online:
- Hobbies: This one is fairly simple. What do you like to do? Chances are, if you find a guy at a class, event, or other gathering space related to your hobbies, you might have a few things in common. I met my boyfriend when we worked for the same magazine. I wouldn't necessarily encourage an office romance because things can get complicated, but our love for writing brought us together, and it's something we share very passionately. Sign up for a weekend class or head over to an art gallery and wear a cute outfit. Don't be shy about striking up a conversation with a cute boy.
- Networking event: Slightly similar to a hobby in the same sense that your interests are bringing you together, but in a different way. These events are generally tailored to professional interests, so when you make initial conversation with someone, don't sound too professional if you're interested in seeing the guy in a non-professional setting.
- A friend of a friend of a friend: Perfect scenario. Someone can vouch for him as far as being normal, and you already have mutual friends to go out in a group with! Let your friends know that you wouldn't mind meeting some of their single friends, and be open to any suggestions.
- The gym: There are hot guys at the gym. And if you workout often enough, you'll meet intelligent, hot guys there. If there's one that tickles your fancy visually, smile at him and let him come over and talk to you. One thing you should not do is dress too revealing while you workout. You don't have to wear a huge, baggy shirt, but look for a workout outfit that's form fitting and covers you. It's never good to attract attention because you're half naked.
- Walking around: It does not serve you well to wake up, go to work, come home and go to sleep. You need to be seen! Go out with one girlfriend during the day on the weekend or for lunch any day, look your cutest (not too sexy, so you're approachable) and just be confident and have fun! Beautiful men will come to you.